Monday, January 17, 2011

Mortifying Monday

Well HEY.
Did you miss me?
I missed you.
For that whole two days. I know, I'm dramatic. 
But really, I felt like I had a little bit of blog withdraws. 
Still, I somehow managed to have a lot of fun vacationing in Sunriver. Even though the snow melted most of the way by the end.
Here is just a glimpse at my weekend:

First of all, the house. is. gorgeous.
g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s.


 A beautiful view of a golf course which, in the winter, basically means a huge open space filled with snow. Then they have all these really expensive pieces of furniture and home decor that I would DIE for. This table, for instance, is custom made with matching chairs and it is too expensive for me to even look at.

 

We drove into Bend and shopped around at the Old Mill District. Then we ate at Deschutes Brewery, where I'm pretty sure I saw Dumbledore.


Bentley found a little cave that was his home for some of the trip. He is just precious. When he's not peeing everywhere. 


We played Scrabble.


I won.


Then it was back home we went. Really, an awesome trip. I'm so glad we got to go.
Talk about lucky, right?


I got a Jones during the beginning of the trip and the cap was a pretty good motto for the trip. And life.
So anyway, that was my weekend. I hope you got to do something fun, or maybe just relax a little. Tomorrow is the start of a short week, you can make it!

On another note, I have always been jealous of blogs that have a theme on a certain day of the week. People have so many good ideas, whether it is Recipe Tuesday or Fashion Friday, I really enjoy it.
So I thought I would start one of my own. Because I think I'm cool.
Mortifying Monday.
We can all agree that Mondays are the worst. The weekend is over. It's the start of another long week of school or work. And there is rarely anything to look forward to. 

SO. Mortifying Monday is where I will reflect on the last week/my life and list the embarrassing things that have happened. It's a way for me to start my week without taking myself or my life so seriously. 
I hope you enjoy :)

Mortifying Monday
Brock asking me if Parseltongue is a real thing, and being serious. When someone serves you at a restaurant and says, "Enjoy your food!" and you say, "Thanks, you too... uhhhh, wait....." Spelling things wrong in Scrabble. There's no taking it back now. When someone has you in their profile picture on facebook and pretend it's because they love you. You know it's not true, the fact is, they look really cute in the picture, and you look like roadkill. Walking around in new jeans with that long sticker still on them. Oops. Talking to someone you hardly know who has food on their face. How am I supposed to look you in the eye? When you have mismatched socks and go to someone's house who makes you take off your shoes. Dang it. Bathroom doors without locks. That's just looking for trouble. When someone is talking about a new fashion trend they can't stand, and secretly you wear it all the time. Then you live in constant fear of running into them while you're wearing it. When I fall off the bed, with people in the room, even though I'm in college. Buying pads and tampons and running into people you know. When you get your oil changed at Jiffy Lube and they ask you to turn on your right blinker, and you turn on your windshield wipers.

So, there is the first of hopefully many. I hope you have a great start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Mortifying Monday section. I have done all of those things at least once and they are slightly hilarious when they happen. You're great Olive!

    ReplyDelete

Say something, why don't ya?