Thursday, January 6, 2011

OCED

I have a confession.
I would have told you all earlier, but I only just realized it myself.
I am all about efficiency.
maybe too much
I am always doing things the fasted way possible that still result in a positive outcome. It occurs in just about every area of my life. I always knew it was true. There were the warning signs:
I always walk at a fast pace. I tell stories in the most condensed way possible. I drive too fast. You know, things like that.
But, it has gotten worse.
It all started when I was getting ready for bed just a few minutes ago.
I realized tonight that I have the most efficient kinda messed up way of getting ready for bed.
I never even knew I had a routine. Oh, but I do.
I start by turning on the water so it will heat up for washing my face. In the mean time I brush my teeth. While brushing my teeth I go grab my face wash out of the shower and grab a wash cloth. I then spit. I put some mouthwash in my mouth and splash the warm water on my face at the same time to start to loosen us my eye makeup. Because clearly I can't wait until after I swish my mouthwash for 30 seconds to start washing my face. Then comes the spitting of the mouthwash. I then fully wash my face. While I am drying it off with the washcloth I put my face wash back. Yup, at the same time. I put in eyedrops while my face dries off a little more. Then I put the lotion on my dry face.
Then I blow my nose.
Every. single. night.
Today, I realized I do this because I got into my room and notice I hadn't blown my nose. The world didn't seem right.
I reflected on it a little more and realized when I get ready in the morning I have a very similar and efficient routine. Scratch that, a very similar extremely extremely extremely efficient routine.
How messed up is that? I think I have some obsessive compulsive efficiency disorder. OCED??
Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you all. Hopefully you don't think I'm crazy, because me and my other personalities want you to still read my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something, why don't ya?