Thursday, January 27, 2011

There is no stopping me

I'm coming to the realization that I have zero self control.
0% zilch. zip. none.
You know how I know that?
Exhibit A: I buy stuff all the time. Okay, not stuff, but clothes. It is like I don't already have a bursting closet full of things. Which I do. And yet, I still convince myself I need things. Yes, I actually justify it in my own mind. It is not until much later that I realize I didn't actually need it. But by then I am already looking at the next thing I can't wait to have. Brock is in for a hand-full once we get married. A HAND-FULL.
Exhibit B: Today Brock and I went to Roaring Rapids Pizza Company. Not only did I work there for a good two years of my life, but I also happen to love the pizza. Maybe a little too much. The place is near and dear to my heart. So consequently, we go there all the time. Which brings me to today, where I knew I was full. FULL. Like, my belly can't contain any more food. But I had one. piece. left. Guess what I did..... I ate it up, that's what I did. Now I have been uncomfortably full for quite some time. 


Here is Brock, with a jumbo hot-sauce and a Mountain Dew the size of his upper body. He also might be a serial killer. Don't tell him I said that.


Here I am with a slightly smaller hot-sauce and a JUMBO Mountain Dew. It looks like a dunk tank.

What do I have to do to muster up some self control?

"I am, indeed, a king, because I know how to rule myself." 
-Pietro Aretino
Well, Pietro, it seems like you knew what you were talking about back in 1537. Unfortunately, it is 2011 and this quote is nice, but I still want a new purse.   
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something, why don't ya?