Saturday, January 8, 2011

Redecorating

Your body is a temple, but how long can you live in the same house before you redecorate?
-- Author Unknown

I like redecorating.
A lot.
By redecorating, I mean adding a little ink.

;)
It is no secret that I like tattoos. I know there are so many people out there who are against them, and honestly, I understand. They aren't the most logical or practical thing to do.
But then again, my life is neither of those things.
It still stands that I love them. I think they add so much character to a person. Some are symbolic and some are dedications, while others are just beautiful. They are like art and st
ory telling mixed into one masterpiece. Okay, wait. SOME are masterpieces. For anyone out there considering getting a tattoo, don't ever ever get one "fer cheap." Tattoos tend to cost a lot of money because they take a lot of fine work and skill. Not just anybody can tattoo, so just because someone has a tattoo machine sitting in their garage doesn't mean you should get one from them for half price. You know why it's half price?
It's not sanitary and they don't know what the heck they are doing.
So anyway, tattoos have the potential to be great and add something special to a person.


So I know Beyonce doesn't really have these tattoos, but she looks gorgeous with them!


I would never get a tattoo I couldn't cover up if I wanted to. I just can't commit to something that will be showing at all times no matter what age I am. So I think I'm at least a little smart, right?
But I do have one.
Here's a look at the tats Brock and I are sporting as of right now:


Brock is border-lining a half sleeve. And he's really cute, if you didn't know.
I love mine and I wanted it for a long time.
My problem is I'm kinda obsessed with symmetry so I can't just go get one that would throw my body off-kilter. I went with one down the spine because it is even. I don't think I could handle having a tattoo on one side of my body and not one on the other.
Yeah, I have a lot of strange strange strange things about me. See my OCED post if you don't believe me.
So I'm at a loss about where I could get my next tattoo on my body. I want to be able to hide it, but I don't want it to be trashy. AKA no tramp stamp or anything near the underwear line.
I have some ideas for the tattoo, but I have to have it in a place that I love or I'll never do it. Feel free to throw suggestions my way because I am stuck!


On a side note, these little buggers are not helping me get back into shape:


Oh, and as a last side note, my roommates are heading back to school in Cali today. Good luck this semester, I love you all. And if you are about to head back to school/in your first week, good for you for reading this instead of your textbook ;)


2 comments:

  1. 1. I love, love, LOVE tattoos. I have 3 currently.
    2. You are adorable.
    3. I probably sound creepy and stalkerish, so I'm going to shut up, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no I appreciate it! What are yours? They are seriously addicting haha

    ReplyDelete

Say something, why don't ya?