Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh the places I will go...

 "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
-St. Augustine

I know everyone likes to say they want to travel. It's the hip thing to do. Everyone also says they are going to travel at some point.
But how many people actually get around to it?
If I get through my life without having visited some amazing countries, I'll be so disappointed. Not to mention un-cultured. Is that a word?
I feel like this is the time in my life where I am the most able to travel. 
I'm young. Full of energy. I don't have a whole lot of financial responsibilities.
All signs point to travel. See ya in the Netherlands, people!
Yet, it seems like I still have so many things keeping me from going anywhere.
Like: Uh, I could save my money and use it on something responsible. Like shoes!.... juuuust kidding ;) I have to go to school. And by that, I mean I want to. I have a great job that I wouldn't want to sacrifice. My dad might have a heart attack if he finds out I'm going to another country where he can't make sure I'm safe. 
Even though all this is true, I am still determined to visit some great places in my life.
Maybe after college? Does everyone say that? Well I really mean it. Seriously.
I actually have my passport so I'm basically half way there. Don't argue with my logic.
Here are some be-a-uuuuu-tiful places that I would like my little peepers to look upon:
In real life though. Duh.





 I think I could make riding a camel look good.


Needless to say, I have some places to travel to. 


If you could leave today, where would you go?

1 comment:

  1. Your Grampa George and I have been to many countries, and my favorites were China, Italy, Greece and Egypt, mainly for all their ancient history. But you probably shouldn't consider Egypt right now.

    ReplyDelete

Say something, why don't ya?