Thursday, July 1, 2010

Frappy Hour

Starbucks is all-around an awesome job.
There are a few things I would change if I could, but I don't hate my job so that's always a bonus.
I really like the regulars. There are these people who come in multiple times a day and get the same thing EVERY TIME. So crazy. But they always make for a good story or two.
An older man today kept coming up to ask if I have a boyfriend. Of course I told him yes but he wanted to know all about us and our relationship.
Not all of them are creepy though.
Just some....
(cough) guy who works at pick-up-stix (cough)
But I have found lately that coffee consumes my life on so many levels. First of all, it's my job to make and serve coffee so I am working with it. I basically always smell like it. I am a human coffee bean. I feel bad for Brock, he doesn't even like coffee but he gets to smell a whole lot of it.
I never knew how much work goes into making all the drinks.
It freaks me out that people come in and order a triple venti, ristretto, half-caf, soy, no foam, upside down, extra hot, caramel macchiato with extra caramel sauce....and I know what that means.
Sometimes before I fall asleep, the last thing I think about is making a drink or something to do with that day at work. I have so many recipes and random information about coffee spinning around in my head that it's hard to turn it off.
All this to say, I enjoy being a barista, even on the hard days (hard days being those starting anytime before 7am).
But coffee is now a part of me.
Starbucks is now offering Olive Roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something, why don't ya?